6 La Colomberie
Tel (01534) 679500
10am to 7pm
Open Wednesday to Sunday
Waiting / Relax lounge
with free refreshments
It has taken over three years to build and equip our new VR Centre but it's been worth it - we only hope you agree.
Currently it is the ONLY VR Centre of it's kind in the the Islands
Come and Play!
Terms & Conditions of Business
The Short Version
Every business needs Terms and Conditions ( basic rules) to protect themselves and their Clients. We have done our best to keep these as simple as possible. Please drop us a line at if anything is unclear.
1.All Guests must be over 18 years old unless accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who must remain on the premises for the duration of the session. The Manufacturers minimum recommended age for the use of VR Headsets and/or Motion Platforms is 13. We follow these recommendations.
2. No food or drinks are allowed in the Suites.
3. Any Guest causing excessive noise or behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave immediately along with ALL members of the same Group or booking. They will forfeit any monies paid and may be refused entry in the future.
4. The Management has the right to refuse entry at all times.
5. The Lead Guest (the person hiring the Suite) is responsible for all guests that accompany them.
6. Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is not permitted within the building.
7. Alcohol is not to be consumed on the premises. Unless appropriate paperwork has been signed and approved by The Management of Virtuality Jersey.
8. Virtuality Jersey will not be held responsible or liable in any way for any injury or illness however caused whilst on the premises or immediately after using any of our simulators. (See Special Note below)
9. If you fail to turn up for your appointment you will be charged the full rate.
10. If we have to reschedule your appointment for any reason you will be invited to re book at a discounted rate.
11. You will be liable for any damage caused to our equipment or property by yourself or your Guests.
12. Enjoy yourself!
Our systems create a very realistic and powerful simulation. Some Guests may experience Motion sickness. It is the sole responsibility of the Lead Guest to ensure the health, safety and well being of themselves and their Guests. Training is provided by our Instructors on their use.
See Section 32. of "The Full Version" for detailed health & conditions.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Single Suite Hire
Any booking can be rescheduled if more than 24 hours notice is given in writing or a Credit Note issued. Free rescheduling is not available if less than 24 hours notice is given. Refunds are not given in any circumstances.
Venue Solo Hire
You may cancel at any time but, as the venue has been reserved for your use and other bookings will have been refused, there are limitations on what we can offer. We do not allow refunds on monies paid but we will reschedule your booking at no additional cost if more than 7 days notice is given in writing. Less than 7 days will incur a charge of 50% of the total booking. 24 hours notice of cancellation or less will result in a loss of all monies paid and will not be available for free rescheduling. Any Food & Beverage orders will be under the rules of supply of the relevant supplier and must be negotiated directly with them. See also Multiple Bookings
Multiple Bookings (Advance Date)
A group of bookings made for future dates will be treated as above but with all the future bookings treated as the same date as the first booking in the group.
The Management reserves the right to refuse admission at any time to any person or persons. Any person acting improperly or any way that disturbs other guests will be asked to leave immediately and may be refused entry in the future.
Terms & Conditions of Business - The Full Version
ROOM HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
General Conditions of Letting
In these conditions of hire:
“The Hirer” means the person signing the contract for hire. Where an organisation is named in the contract that organisation shall also be considered the hirer and shall be jointly liable with the person who signed the contract.
“The Premises” means the building or part of the building booked and referred to in the contract
“The period of hire” means the date(s) and time(s) for hire referred to in the booking form, contract and other correspondence.
“The Authorised Officer” means the Virtuality Duty Manager or any person or persons nominated by him/her.
1. The hirer shall not use the premises, or permit the premises to be used for any other purpose other than for the purpose or purposes specified in the contract. The hirer will be responsible for the conduct and behavior of all people attending their event. Any persons causing excessive noise or annoyance to others will be asked to leave the premises immediately along with the entire Group associated with them forfeiting any monies paid. Such persons or Group may be refused booking rights and entry to the premises in the future.
2. The hirer shall take good care of, and shall not cause any damage or permit any damage to be done to the premises, or any part of the premises or the fixtures, fittings and equipment on the premises or to any part of the building of which the premises form part or any other building or structure within the curtilage of the building, and any damage caused or permitted by the hirer, his/her servants, agents, contractors or any other person resorting to the premises by reason of his/her hire of them shall be made good by Virtuality at the cost to the hirer and the hirer shall inform the Office Manager of any such damage as soon as practical and the hirer shall confirm it in writing within 24 hours of its discovery. The cost of such damage shall be certified by the Authorized Officer whose decision shall be final.
3. The hirer shall be liable for and shall indemnify Virtuality again all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, charges, costs, expenses whatsoever brought or made against Virtuality in respect of any damage, theft or loss of property, goods, articles or things placed, deposited, brought into or left upon the premises or other part of the building of which the premises forms a part either by the hirer for his use or by any other person using the premises by reason of his/her hire unless due to the negligence of Virtuality, their servants or agents.
4. Virtuality shall not be liable for any loss due to any industrial action, breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, Government restrictions or any other circumstances beyond its reasonable control, which may cause the premises or any part thereof to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled, nor for any failure of the hirer to gain access to the premises unless due to negligence of Virtuality, their servants or agents.
5. The hirer shall be liable for, and shall indemnify Virtuality against all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, charges, costs expenses whatsoever brought or made against Virtuality in respect of any personal injury to or the death of any person arising out of or in the course of the hire of the premises by the hirer, unless due to negligence of Virtuality, their servants or agents.
6. The Authorised Officer or other employees of Virtuality can refuse the right of entry at any time during the hire period.
7. The hirer, employees, agents and contractors shall, during the period of hire and during such other times as they, or any of them shall be in the premises for the purpose of the hiring comply with all requirements of the Authorised Officer.
8 The hirer shall, during the period of hire be responsible for:
a) the efficient supervision of the premises, including the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises and assisting the Authorised Officer in the orderly and safe clearance of the premises in case of emergency
b) keeping the premises safe and ensuring good order and decency is maintained
c) keeping the conditions imposed from time to time by the Fire Officer and ensuring that all doors giving exit from the premises shall be kept unlocked and unobstructed, and immediately available for exit during the whole time the premises are in use and no obstruction shall be place or allowed to remain in any corridor giving access to the premises
9. If you fail, in the opinion of the Authorised Officer, to comply with clause 7 he/she shall be permitted to suspend or terminate the function for which the immediate clearance of the premises may be required. Virtuality will not be liable for any damages arising from the termination or suspension unless arising directly from Virtuality negligence.
10. No animal, other than an assistance dog, may be brought on to the premises or into the building without the prior consent of the Authorised Officer.
11. The hirer and his servants, agents, contractors and others allowed on the premises by reason of its hire shall leave the premises by the expiry of the hire period. If they have not, the hirer will be required to pay Virtuality a surcharge amounting to the Virtuality’s normal hire charge for the premises until the premises have been cleared.
12. No alterations or additions to the premises, the fixtures, fittings, scenery and/or equipment or the decorations at the premises shall be carried out.
11. No nails, or fixing or any kind shall be driven or put into any wall, floor, partition, pillar, ceiling, fitting or furniture of any kind.
12. The use of any equipment provided by Virtuality is at the risk of the hirer and Virtuality will accept no liability or responsibility for it unless any damage to it is due solely to the negligence of Virtuality or its employees.
13. The hirer shall be wholly liable and responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or any part of it or its fixtures or fittings or to any of Virtuality equipment used by him/her or by persons permitted on the premises by reason of his/her hire.
14. No furniture or fittings or equipment shall be moved or removed by the hirer.
15. No bills, placards, posters or notices of any description shall be posted on or against any part of the exterior of the premises or inside the premises without the prior written consent of the Authorised Officer.
16. The hirer shall not permit the use of any naked lights, smoking including the use of Electronic Cigarettes.
17. The hirer shall not bring or permit to be brought onto the premises any weapons, explosives, inflammable material, fireworks or other pyrotechnics not sue or permit the use of any naked lights in any part of the premises.
18. The hirer shall not bring or permit to be brought onto the premises any electrical appliance or additional lighting effect without the prior written consent of the Authorised Officer, who may as a condition of his/her consent require that before any such electrical appliance and/or additional lighting effect is used it shall be inspected and approved by a competent electrical engineer nominated by Virtuality.
19. Alcohol or drugs may not be brought on to or consumed on these premises without the prior written consent of the Authorised Officer..
20. The hirer shall not be entitled to grant sound, television broadcasting or filming rights without the prior written consent of the Authorised Officer.
21. Virtuality will, at their own expense, provide for the normal heating and normal lighting of the premises (but not further or otherwise), but shall not be responsible for any failure thereof or defect to the heating and/or lighting or loss or damage resulting therefrom unless due solely to their negligence or the negligence of their servants or agents.
22. All furniture, apparatus, appliances, equipment and other supplies brought or sent to the premises by or on behalf of the hirer shall be unloaded, placed in position and removed by the hirer at such time or times as the Authorised Officer may direct.
23. The hirer shall not assign or sub-let any interest in the premises or any part of it and shall not use the premises for any other purpose than that set out in the contract.
24. The hirer shall observe and comply with the terms, conditions, restrictions and requirements of any Act of Parliament, Statutory Instrument, Regulations or Licence under which the premises or any part therefore may be used, and shall not do or permit to be done, or permitted in or about the premises any act or thing whereby such Act of Parliament, Statutory Instrument, Regulations or Licence may be liable to be suspended or forfeited or the renewal or transfer thereof refused or endangered and shall indemnify Virtuality and any person in whose name any Licence may be held on their behalf against any loss of revenue, benefits, damages, costs and expenses that may be incurred by then or him/her owing to the breach, non observance or non performance of any such terms and conditions and restrictions and requirements aforesaid.
25. Cancellation:See cancellation and refund policy.
26. Virtuality may cancel the hiring at any time without stating a reason, and if so Virtuality shall refund to the hirer all monies paid by him/her to Virtuality, any monies payable for the period of the hire unpaid at the time of cancellation shall cease to be payable unless the cancellation is due to some act or default of the hirer provided always that Virtuality shall not be liable to pay any compensation to the hirer in respect of such cancellation.
27. The hirer and persons permitted on the premises by reason of his/her hire must be over the age of eighteen years. Persons under that age are permitted only if accompanied by a Parent or Guardian who must remain on the premises for the entire period of the hire. Some Software used may be restricted to people over 18. Parental consent to the use of such material is implied.
28. The Manufacturers minimum recommended age for use of the “Motion Platforms” is 18. We follow that recommendation.
29. Security Cameras are used extensively for monitoring purposes. Video footage from these will be passed to the relevant authorities as required. All footage will be securely destroyed after a 6 month period unless otherwise directed by a relevant authority.
30. No Food & Drink is allowed in any of the Rooms. Refreshments may be provided in the Lounge area which must be consumed within its boundaries.
31. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notification.
32. Offsite Hire. The Hirer is responsible for all goods supplied whilst in their possession. Any loss or damage will be charged at rates set out below. Due to the high value we recommend you take out sufficient insurance. All terms regarding cancellation and refunds apply equally to offsite hire.
32. Health Warnings
WARNING: PHOTOSENSITIVITY/EPILEPSY SEIZURES
A very small percentage of individuals may experience epileptic seizures or blackouts when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights. Exposure to certain patterns or backgrounds on a television screen or when playing video games may trigger epileptic seizures or blackouts in these individuals. These conditions may trigger previously undetected epileptic symptoms or seizures in persons who have no history of prior seizures or epilepsy. If you, or anyone in your family has an epileptic condition or has had seizures of any kind, consult your physician before playing.
IMMEDIATELY DISCONTINUE use and consult your physician before resuming gameplay. If you or your child experiences any of the following health problems or symptoms:
Eye or muscle twitches
Loss of awareness
Any involuntary movement or convulsion
RESUME GAME PLAY ONLY ON APPROVAL OF YOUR PHYSICIAN.
Use and handling of video games to reduce the likelihood of a seizure:
Avoid prolonged use of any VR system.
Take a 15-minute break during each hour of play.
Avoid playing when you are tired or need sleep.
Stop using the system immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms: lightheadedness, nausea, or a sensation similar to motion sickness, discomfort or pain in the eyes, ears, hands arms, or any other part of the body. If the condition persists, consult a doctor.
The VR headset is not for use by children under age 7
Review surroundings and clear obstacles before use. Take steps to prevent pets, children, or other obstacles entering the area during use.
Some people may experience motion sickness, nausea, disorientation, blurred vision or other discomfort while viewing virtual reality content. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop using immediately and remove the VR headset.